About Me

My photo
writer/musician/artist ...with a lot of random ideas

Monday, May 24, 2010

One of those [little] disappointments..

Eversince I started living by myself in this new pad, I started getting used to eating out, instant noodles and take outs again. I haven't got much time in buying my stove and other cooking utensils to prepare my own food yet but trust me, I'll be getting one ASAP after series of incidents that involve food that I didn't personally prepare.

One thing I don't like about eating out is that you don't have any control of your budget. When you go out and look for a restaurant, you'll always consider first is 'what do I want to eat today?' so if it's going to take you to the cheapest karinderyas or the most luxurious feasts of buffet around the metro, only your feet knows and a meal can cost you between Php50-Php400.

Another thing that I don't like about eating food that I don't personally prepare is that I sometimes find it hard not to imagine how it was prepared. Don't get me wrong, I love street food and I wouldn't say no to eating fishballs or balut but there's something about meals [usually rice meals] that I'm not really a huge fan. A perfect example would be this really nice old woman in our neighborhood who sells really cheap lunch and dinner in front of her house. One time that I ate there, I can see her kitchen from where I sit and watch her wash the dishes that were used by other customers. It wasn't thoroughly washed as I noticed when I looked at my spoon that there's still greases on it, I almost puked. Another example is something that just happened tonight. I went to get a KFC famous bowl [mashed potatoes, chicken strips, corn, cheese and gravy] and had it to go for dinner. One thing I liked about KFC is that they don't try too hard to imitate Jollibee or McDonald's. Instead, they innovate a more healthy menu that is rather unusual for most fast foods. When I reached home though, I noticed that the container's contents were spilled and it looked really awful I lost my appetite.This is definitely far from how the KFC famous bowl that I'm used to having when I dine in to any of the KFC branches everywhere.


When I cook my own food, I only blame myself if I am not satisfied with what my lunch, dinner or snack is but when I eat out, I have an expectation that what I bought with my money will be worth spending for.

No comments:

Post a Comment