About Me

My photo
writer/musician/artist ...with a lot of random ideas

Friday, January 14, 2011

Thank You Sir For THE MUSIC

I've been a fan of different bands since I learned to listen to different kinds of music. Being a part of different bands allowed me to experience the fun of making music with great people and it's been a pleasure to work with them for quite some time. As a fan, I hate it when a band I love to listen to just breaks up. However, as a musician, I understand that things change.
It was the NU Rock Awards 2003 when I first saw Bamboo play. It was a comeback for the former Rivermaya vocalist and everyone was excited. I found them a bit lacking on the songwriting part but putting together Nathan Azarcon, Ira Cruz, Vic Mercado and Bamboo MaƱalac in one band is sure to delight the fans. We're sure to get quality music and they delivered.

The band called it quits, it's not a good start for 2011 however, no explanation is necessary. I can only be thankful that they gave us 8 years full of the nicest melodies that will forever be in my iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment