About Me

My photo
writer/musician/artist ...with a lot of random ideas

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

God's Perfect Time

I first heard about the words "God's perfect time" about ten years ago when I became a Christian. I allowed myself to trust that everything's happening according to God's plan. There may be times when I feel down but there's no way I should question His will. I tracked the things that I remember when God's timing is just perfect and I came up with:

May 2005 - I turned 19 two weeks ago and moved out of my parents' house. Lived with my friend and her mom while job-hunting.
May 12, 2005 - First day, first job. Started looking for an apartment, close to school or to my office.
May 20, 2005 - Moved to my first apartment near my office in Eastwood City.
May 30, 2005 - First payday. Last day of enrollment for my senior year in college.
June 2005 - Classes starts at 7:30am and ends at 1:30pm or 3pm on some days. I still have time to sleep before my work starts at 8:30pm and end at 5:30am, just enough travel time to go to my first class the following day. Study lessons during office breaks.
July 2005 - Moved to an all-female boarding house close to the university campus. I realized it's more convenient to be closer to school than to my office.
October 2005 - SEMBREAK. I went back to my parents' house but continue to be a self-supporting student. I met Prince and we started hanging out more often. Enrolled for the last semester.
March 2006 - End of school year. End of college.
April 2006 - Turning 20. Finish all requirements for graduation.
May 5, 2006 - Took a leave from work for college graduation. Prince gave me flowers and I introduced him to the family.
July 2006 - I went to work for a different company.
March 2007 - I went to work for another company closer to my parents' house. I need to save, my brother's going to college soon.
March 2008 - I realized that I need to look for a job that pays 3 times of what I earn, youngest sister is going to college as well. They didn't get any scholarship.
April 2008 - One week off to Boracay while being interviewed by a Singaporean employer over the phone.
May 2008 - Back from vacation. I got the job and need to prepare to leave within a month.
June 2008 - Embracing changes. Started working in Singapore.
April 2009 - One week vacation to the Philippines. Three days spent in Manila, four days vacation to Bohol.
May 2009 - I am looking for a reason to stay in Singapore.
August 2009 - Finally got no reason to stay. Booked a flight back to Manila.
September 2009 - Job hunt.
September 7, 2009 - Back to work. In Manila. For good.
April 2010 - The good news just a month after getting regularized, the day after my 24th birthday. Prince and I found out that I'm almost 2 months pregnant.
November 2010 - Expecting baby to come out next month. God's best Christmas gift! :)

Sometimes, I don't like how things happen but I remain confident and positive that it will all be fine - and it always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment