About Me

My photo
writer/musician/artist ...with a lot of random ideas

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fuji Finepix Z33 - One of My Simple Needs

I know I've been wishing for the Samsung WP10 since the Samsung L73 gave up on me but I think what I received is better - got the Fuji Finepix Z33 earlier today and I can't wait to take snapshots again!

When I bought the Samsung L73 more than two years ago, I relied much on the online reviews and ratings about it. I got it from ebay as this particular model wasn't released here (not sure if it's available in any country in Asia) and a student from the US is selling it brand new for only Php7,500 which I found a lot cheaper than Canon and Sony digicams (more than Php15K at that time). Darlyn and I needed a handy digicam for our week-long Boracay trip and I need to buy myself a birthday gift so it was really a perfect timing. I never had any regret in buying the Samsung L73, it's really very useful for the past two years so when the time came that it needed to retire, I've been having a hard time finding a replacement.

This search's top priority: waterproof digital camera for beach trips. I am not into bulky DSLR's that's really in right now so I focused the search on these things I needed to consider:
1. AFFORDABLE - limited budget as we need to prepare for the baby
2. COMPACT - it should fit my pocket or a small handbag
3. USER-FRIENDLY - I'm not familiar with the photographer's jargon :p
4. SLEEK AND available in PINK and/or BLACK

At some point, I had second thoughts about the Samsung WP10 because I wanted to try a different brand. I was traumatized by the 'lines' that started appearing before the Samsung L73 completely broke down. Canon D10 came to my mind but I find all the Powershot models just too bulky for me plus this model doesn't have any other color.I also considered the Olympus Stylus 850 even if the one being sold is second-hand but for some reason, I didn't get any response from the ebay seller. :(Finally, the Fuji Finepix Z33 won. Everything in my checklist was met and the seller's really prompt to reply so I didn't have any trouble dealing with her.I found the interface a little old-school but it didn't matter. Can't wait to go out of town! hehe ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment