About Me

My photo
writer/musician/artist ...with a lot of random ideas

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Komikon 2010

Prince and I went to the Komikon 2010 (Comic Convention) at the Starmall Trade Hall after their band practice last Saturday. The venue was packed with comic-loving kids and kids at heart. It's sad that we're not able to arrive earlier for their special guests Jess and Manix Abrera's talk. There's been a shortage of cabs when you need one and the traffic is horrible as usual.

It's our first time to attend such event although I've been a Kikomachine Komix fan for a couple of years now. I was able to have the first four Kikomachine Komix signed about two years ago at the Visprint's book signing in Cubao X. I didn't expect that the line for Manix Abrera's book signing would be five times (or more) longer this time.

The event is only from 10am to 7pm so when it's already past 7pm and there's still a couple of people in line for Manix Abrera's autograph, some of the organizers told us that we'll have to proceed outside the venue. Manix, however never stopped signing, hehe.

After about three hours of waiting, it's finally my turn. Yay!

I had my Kikomachine Komix Blg. 5 and 6 signed. 'Til next time! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment