About Me

My photo
writer/musician/artist ...with a lot of random ideas

Friday, September 24, 2010

Mad Day.

I was 20 minutes late for work today even though I left the house almost 1 hour before my shift and the train usually just takes 15 minutes. Today, however, the train decided to malfunction and took almost an hour to travel from North Avenue Station to Araneta Center Cubao Station which is only 4 stations away.If I'm still in Singapore, an hour train ride can take me from east coast all the way to the west. (See green line) I wanted to get out of the train station and get a cab but I was trapped inside the train with other senior citizen passengers and the train was stucked for more than 30 minutes in North Avenue Station and another 20 minutes or so in GMA-Kamuning Station.

When I arrived in the office, almost everyone is aware of the train trouble and another trouble just beside the North Avenue Station that involves demolition of the slums in the area that started at around 9am today.

[caption id="attachment_554" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Photo courtesy of http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/article786444.ece"][/caption]

News online says various things about what happened and the details uncluding the number of the population living in that location. I pass through this area everyday and I am always amazed on how huge they became. Even the police will be afraid to enter the vicinity. I just wonder how the illegal settlers reached thousands in number without being asked to move out when they're still manageable. Where are they from and who told them that they can build their houses in this government-owned land in the first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment