About Me

My photo
writer/musician/artist ...with a lot of random ideas

Sunday, April 10, 2011

5 Days of Silence

I was having a not-so-serious cough last Friday night when I was preparing to go to work. Before my shift ended, I lost my voice. I went to The Medical City that is closest to our house and when I opened my mouth, the doctor already knew I am working in a call center. Then I was told that I am having an acute laryngitis.
I've been working in a call center for more than 5 years and it's the first time that I lost my voice. I must say that it's quite irritating that I am forbidden to do, eat and drink a couple of things:
  •  I can only drink water. No softdrink, tea, coffee, fruit juice, etc. JUST WATER.
  • No sour fruits. No pulpy fruits. Basically, the only fruit that the doctor said I am allowed to eat is banana.
  • No talking unless if it's really needed. [The doctor's example is when I need to scream, "There's a fire!"]

Following the first two rules is easy. The third one however is something I need to work on. I never imagined myself being in a complete voice rest for at least 5 days. The doctor said that if things isn't getting any better, I need to go back to him so we can do a more intense check on my throat. Scary. So I need to take the medicines that he prescribed [and I can't believe that treatment for this could be so expensive], avoid the food and drinks that I'm not allowed to intake and keep my mouth shut. Wish me luck. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment