About Me

My photo
writer/musician/artist ...with a lot of random ideas

Friday, March 19, 2010

Experience Japan at Sango! The Burger Master

I always have this passion for trying out different cuisine as much as I love traveling. Last night, I went to Makati with Prince to join Pats in his turn to lay-in his guitar and vocals tracks. Nick's studio is just across this restaurant-filled complex [I'm bad in remembering street names especially in Makati area] where we tried out this little Japanese fast food called Sango! The Burger Master.

Prince and I were the only customers in there at that time so I can take my precious time in choosing which one should I try first. The staff greets the customers in Japanese. There's a shelf in the left side that's stacked with Japanese reading materials and the LCD TV on the right side plays a Japanese artist's concert [Prince mentioned that last time he and Gep was there, they're playing animé. I felt stupid when I went to the washroom - there's an electronic device that controls the nozzle and I just didn't have a clue which button to press! I never saw anything like that even in Manila Hotel, haha!

The burgers really looks good as well as the fries that's served conventionally or with a lot of stuff in it. I was hungry so I tried one of most popular  Japanese rice meal - Katsudon [served with miso soup]. It was not the usual Katsudon that I'm getting in Tokyo! Tokyo! or Yoshinoya. Sango's Katsudon is served with scrambled eggs around the bowl that looks like it drowned the meat and rice. I love the herbs that they used to garnish it, I'm not sure what it is [it looks like strips of seaweed], it's a nice additional flavor to rice. The pork meat were tender and not sloppy. I thought I'd need some soy sauce or something but I was wrong, it's good as it is. Prince let me bite in his master burger which tastes awesome and I also grabbed some of his fries that tastes like a homemade french fries. Their strawberry milkshake is the best that I ever had!

By the time we're done eating, there were at least three more tables that's filled. I thought that going to Japan would be really cool, I'd go there someday and experience snow, haha! I was so full on our way out that I didn't notice their staff were about to shout "Arigato!" ✌

1 comment: