About Me

My photo
writer/musician/artist ...with a lot of random ideas

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Journey on The Best TapSiLog

TapSiLog is one of the most popular breakfast meal in the Philipines. It's a combination of tapa [most of the time, beef], garlic fried rice and egg fried sunny side up. I am fond of having tapsilog anytime of the day and so I never stop trying out different versions served in every corner of the world where I can find it which is apparently, everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE!

And then I decided to make a documentation of this journey in search of the best tapsilog from the outskirts of the metro to the deepest province wherever it's served as long as I remember eating there, hehe.

I will first mention the restaurant which probably have the most number of outlets - Jollibee. Their tapsilog is a mediocre. It's neither good nor bad. Something that I might order again when I happen to pass by one of their branch in search for breakfast but not good enough to make me crave for it.

Then there's this Rufo's Famous Tapa with branches in Ortigas Center and in Makati [I'm not sure if there's more]. For me their tapsilog tastes sweeter than how tapa usually taste in other restaurants. I like it and we used to call in for delivery when I worked in Ortigas.

I make it a point to try out different tapsilog when I'm travelling, too - Boracay, Bohol, Puerto Galera and even in Singapore! Tapsilog by the shore is the best breakfast [better than having waffles or sumptuous pancakes, I swear!] paired with just instant coffee. In Singapore there are not a lot of tapsilog options but I like it served in a restaurant in Lucky Plaza called Jologs, although it costs about S$7 [Php200+] which is more than half of it's usual price, most OFW still dig it.

Prince once brought me to a tapsihan few years ago at the back area of the UST campus. I'm not sure what that place is called but their tapsilog is also something worth the long travel time and I could have it everyday if only I live in that area.

Last month was my first time to eat in a famous SEx [Sinangag Express] outlet in Sucat, ParaƱaque with Prince and his bandmates. I so love the vinegar and the tapa so I had to ask Prince to buy another one that we can share after I finished mine, hehe.

However, no matter how far I travel, the best tapsilog is just few minutes away from my place - Tapsi Ni Vivian located in Project 3, Quezon City.This place has always been a favorite since I was in grade school when my father bring the entire family and we just occupy one of their nipa huts to enjoy a lot of their great selection of dishes. Sadly, Tapsi Ni Vivian doesn't have any other branch but I assure you that it's really worth going to this one of a kind tapsihan!

1 comment: