About Me

My photo
writer/musician/artist ...with a lot of random ideas

Monday, March 22, 2010

Pimp My Bass Guitar!

I am fond of all-black guitars until I saw the video performance of No Doubt [reunion concert in Singapore I think] where Tony Kanal used this hot pink jazz bass. They were all wearing white, the stage is all-white and this bass just stands out!

[caption id="attachment_52" align="aligncenter" width="333" caption="Tony Kanal"][/caption]

And so I had this biggest decision for my baby Jasmine - placing a pink pickguard to her all-black, sexy body. I love Jasmine as she is. As I've mentioned in my multiply entry, it was love at first site when I bought her. I never change anything until yesterday. Prince and I went to Mang Max and got her pimped. I trust Mang Max and he never failed me at all. Jasmine is now more edgy and female-looking than she was after his simple magical touch.

When we arrived at his home based shop, Mang Max is on the phone with one of his "suki" client, Russel dela Cruz of Intolerant.



After hanging up, he showed Prince's jazz bass and worked on it's action. Shortly, his attention was focused on Jasmine. He started measuring and cutting the raw material into perfection [I must say, he really is a perfectionist when it comes to work]. And when everything about the pickguard was done, I sighed and realized that my baby is now a lady. It's an addicting experience! Knowing that the gear that you're using is personalized and is just made for you is heaven [now, I've been thinking of putting little pink quarter-note shaped inlays in her fretboard, haha!]. I've been using Jasmine for more than three years now and I'm just boastful about how this Greco sounds so changing anything on her electronics is not in my mind. Now I'm very excited playing with her and her new look on stage. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment