About Me

My photo
writer/musician/artist ...with a lot of random ideas

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Nasugbu, Batangas

Inspired by the summer's heat, girl [and gay] friends and I headed over southern Luzon to Nasugbu, Batangas two weekends ago. We left Quezon City at around 10am and it's cool that going to SLEX [South Luzon Expressway] via C5 road is not much of a headache. We thought that all the girls in the car should be wearing yellow - the color of summer! I chose to wear a white top and shorts while sporting a yellow hat and tote.

JF was a super safe driver and he only goes up to 60kpm speed in the expressway so the usual 2-hour drive to Batangas took us about 4 hours - better safe than sorry! Hehe.. We stopped over Starbucks in Tagaytay [right next to Leslie's] to grab some frappe and refill our water bottles. It was around 12nn so it's freakin' hot, it doesn't even feel like the normal cool Tagaytay temperature at all. Getting back on the road is easy when your background music is as energetic as Beyonce's.



We arrived at around 2pm, the sun is at it's peak so we fixed our stuff, had lunch and stayed at the ancestral house until the sun is not as angry as it was in noontime. We drove for about 5 minutes to the beach and stayed there to witness a breath taking sunset. It was a peaceful view as I love the beach but I'm not impressed by the water so I didn't dare taking a dip. A lot of people really needs discipline and appreciate that nature is God's gift that we should not take for granted. It's sad that this part of Nasugbu's beach is already polluted. The place is very open for the public, hence the traces of human trash can be found all over - lying around the sand and floating in the water. I just couldn't stop feeling sorry and thinking if there's still hope of making everyone responsible to take care of such gift. We had a fun night doing charades and toasting hotdogs and marshmallows in a bonfire before calling it a night.



The following day, we rented a boat [Php200/head] to check out different beaches until we end up in Bamboo Beach [right next to the 'members only' shore of Punta Fuego]. I can say this is my type of beach - fine sand, secluded, clear water - perfect! My rule is never go to the beach without sunblock with at least SPF50 so I didn't mind swimming at 2pm. The water is just so clear that I can see nice fishes right next to me. It's a little paradise for me.

It's time to go back to Manila. Back to reality, back to work. I'm wondering what's in store for me the following weekends of this summer 2010. Well, it's just a start. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment