About Me

My photo
writer/musician/artist ...with a lot of random ideas

Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

I was on the phone with my only brother a few hours ago, I wanted to greet my dad but he's drunk and he don't want to talk to me  as I left the house without telling him because he's always not around and I didn't have the chance to do so.

Few days ago, I was thinking of whatever present I could give him so I asked Prince to get me a copy of 'The Best of Lobo' album because I know it's his favorite. I was supposed to cook pasta and bring it to our Kamias home as well. My mood changed and I became very disappointed when I found out that my father's drunk. He just got himself cured from tuberculosis few months ago after 6 months of treatment and there he goes with his vices again.

I remember being very close to my father when I was younger. He bought my first bike when I turned 5. He fixed an old guitar so I can use it to practice when I was 13. He gave me a cellphone when I finished high school. I appreciate that even though we're not rich, he always try to provide the things that I wanted. Until the time came that he told me he can't send me to school anymore - my tuition fee is not more than Php400 in PUP and my allowance is just Php100 everyday so it really didn't make any sense to me. I knew I needed to do something to survive and finish college on my own. From then on, our bond just went down to drain.

I am to become a parent soon and I can only try to be the best mom that I can. I promised myself that I will work very hard to provide for whatever my child will need - food, shelter and decent education. I know that beyond these, a good parent needs to be an example, gain the child's trust and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment