About Me

My photo
writer/musician/artist ...with a lot of random ideas

Saturday, June 12, 2010

THE JUNE!

This month is getting interesting.

What I used to like about June is shopping for school supplies and getting to see my friends in the school grounds again. Gone are those days. Today, I'm sure my classmates are all busy with their work, their own families and everything else. I don't think anyone in our class is now thinking about visiting our beloved school.

I'm always a proud 'iskolar ng bayan' and my tuition fee was never higher than Php400 so June was really no time for me to have thousands in my wallet when I was a student. I didn't mind using cheap school supplies, in fact, I love recycled notebooks, notepads, etc. and there's also something about the smell of old books in the library that I find oddly interesting.

These days, an average private school's tuition fee for college students costs more or less Php50, 000 per semester. Considering that the Philippines is a third world country, how on earth are we going to be able to send our children to a decent private school if you belong to the middle-class? It's sad that most high school graduates aren't able to continue their studies and get a degree. I wish the new administration who will be taking their seats on June 30 will prioritize the programs for education and make sure our budget for this department is not draining with the corrupt officials.

I hope there's other things I can love about THIS JUNE.

No comments:

Post a Comment