About Me

My photo
writer/musician/artist ...with a lot of random ideas

Friday, August 20, 2010

Highlights of the Neon Lights

Last Wednesday night was a blast! It seemed like a weekend that we almost forgot we had to go to work the following day as we went home at around 4am. I can say that the Neon Lights presented by Outtaspace Productions is a success and I hope we can have more of fun-filled nights such as this.

I was off from work at 9pm, Prince picked me up and we went to the Hard Rock Cafe in Makati to meet up with Lui Cornelio of Darkuscase. We're both happy with how Prince's custom gig bag looked [I will post pics of it soon] and would definitely recommend them to friends who wants customized bags, guitar straps, etc.

Prince and I arrived at around 10pm when the first band, Identikit,  just started playing. JaPo of Paranoid City is the night's most in demand sessionist as he played for Identikit and Pedicab. Identikit's female vocalist wasn't able to do the vocalist's chores that night but the band still did a good job and so did the Techy Romatics.

It's my first time to see Duster playing live [I saw them approaching the stage at this year's UP fair but I was already about to leave]. I'm inspired. I promise that Damsel in Distort will be more visible next year and we'll have a surprise or two. ;-)

Going back to the highlights of that night, Pedicab with JaPo of Paranoid City is super! They played a few new songs and a surprise medley of the previously released songs.

The most entertaining performance [aside from Lip Service 'coz I'm biased, hehe] of the night goes to Us-2 Evil-0! I've been seeing them in the past MeiDay events, they're always charming and fun.Turbo Goth's performance is as eclectic as always.Finally, to end the Neon Lights with a bang, LIP SERVICE ROCKS THE HOUSE!

I find the B-Side at The Collective as a medium-sized venue that I didn't feel claustrophobic at all, plus they have a nice sound system that's as good as the ones in SaGuijo.

We went to North Park in Makati Avenue for the usual food trip and Prince found out that his cash and debit card were missing. We called the bank's customer service hotline right away to report the lost card and have it blocked. Prince can just get another card in a few days, the night is so good that a little unfortunate thing won't ruin it. Cheers! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment