About Me

My photo
writer/musician/artist ...with a lot of random ideas

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Very Busy Day...

Yesterday was a very busy day for me and Prince so even after sleeping late on Monday night [or Tuesday midnight], we needed to get up early and prepare for a long day.

We went to my OB-Gyne first for my monthly checkup. I used to have my checkups at The Medical City in TriNoMa but my doctor is in Waltermart branch during Tuesdays. I already asked both my doctor and the front desk officer of the clinic if there wouldn't be problem if I have my checkup on a different branch of The Medical City, both of them said that it won't be a problem and the front desk officer even said that he can have my records faxed to the Waltermart branch on the day that I will have my checkup. I was so disappointed. The Medical City is known to have a very good facility but their records are not even computerized, all my previous checkups were manually written at the back of a bond paper where a form is printed out and I had it filled out on the first checkup. Most moms that I know have this 'mommy book' given to them on the onset that they have their checkups and that's where their records are placed during the entire pregnancy checkups. I wasn't given any and the only records I have are the test results that were previously conducted. My OB-Gyne whom I've been seeing every month since April doesn't have any idea about the previous things we've been talking about for the past four months and that is simply because I had my checkup on a different branch of the same clinic. I decided it's time to change my OB and a clinic/hospital that's not using the prehistoric method of record keeping.

Prince and I went off to Quiapo to have my digicam fixed but he took me to this humble place:

He knows how I love Goldilocks' fresh lumpia and he said I must try this. So I did and instantly got hooked, I asked Prince to get me another one! hahaIt's only Php16 each but it tastes as good as the one in Goldilocks, only less ingredients and smaller in size. Sadly, there's no other branch so make sure to try it when you happen to pass by Quiapo area.

Since June, I noticed that Samsung L73 is not taking good pictures anymore. Everytime we take a picture, lines are showing up in the photos. I didn't want to get a new one [unless I get funds for a waterproof digicam, I guess] because I bought this as a gift for myself two years ago. The first camera technician said that the shutter flex needs replacement, it would cost Php1,800 and it will take him at least a week to fix. We tried another camera technician along the same street who had the same diagnosis but said he can fix it within 1 1/2 hours and would cost Php1,200. We haggled and got a deal for Php1,000. I am now a happy princess with a great working digicam again! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment