About Me

My photo
writer/musician/artist ...with a lot of random ideas

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Relationship Money Matters

I can't help it but be sad about breakups. I feel annoyed when the breakup is caused by anything that has to do with money. As partners, a couple should trust each other with everything but should also be aware of the situation when one of them gets 'abused'. There are also some instances where each one try to control how his/her partner spends or saves.

I can only speak for myself though. As musicians, we have this so called G.A.S. [Gear Aquisition Syndrome, which can also be applied to other people aside from musicians] and that's why I try to understand why Prince can't help but acquire a couple of bass guitars, effects, etc. Simply put, it's probably the same feeling as when most cosmo girls would drool over new arrivals of clothes, bags and shoes. Everytime Prince would ask me what I think of when he wants to buy something, I will say what my opinion is then ask him the most classic, conscience-touching question, "Prince, do you NEED it?" so he can make his own assessment. Most of the time, I also remind him of our priorities but I trust and respect his decisions.

Money is a very sensitive topic in every relationship. It can make the relationship stronger by building trust and knowing the person more, or it can break the bond in a snap.

No comments:

Post a Comment