About Me

My photo
writer/musician/artist ...with a lot of random ideas

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Gender Frustration

Prince and I was out early today to visit the clinic where I should get my glucose tolerance test and second ultrasound. We were both excited, awaiting for the highlight of finding out baby's gender.

We arrived at the clinic at around lunch time and a number of patients were waiting patiently as the sonologist arrived late. Finally, I get to take my turn. Prince went with me inside the room where the ultrasound is performed. My first ultrasound in the same clinic is the transvaginal ultrasound, the sonologist was not as friendly as the one who performed the pelvic ultrasound earlier today. Prince was not permitted to be with me during the first one. We're glad he's allowed inside the room to be with me this time.

The sonologist was extra friendly. She initially warned me of the cold gel that she'll be putting in my tummy then she started to place the machine at the bottom part of my baby bump and we were able to see his head. She slided to different parts of my belly and we saw the baby moving all the time, as if showing off to everyone who watched him. The body parts were measured - legs, arms, etc. - to determine the approximate weight. When it's time to check out the baby's genitals, the sonologist said that the baby's strangling the umbilical cord between his legs so there's no means that we can see what the gender is at this time. Too bad. :-(

I will be back tomorrow to have my glucose tolerance test [apparently, you need to eat 2 hours before taking this test,and I just had lunch 30minutes ago]. The test results will be presented to my OB-Gyne on Tuesday next week for my monthly checkup. I'm just glad that we're able to see the baby in that monitor, healthy and looking excited to be born. I am still having second thoughts of changing my OB though. We'll see about that on Tuesday next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment