About Me

My photo
writer/musician/artist ...with a lot of random ideas

Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Orchard Road

Nope. I am not referring to one of the busiest streets in Singapore but I must say that they got the name from it - The Orchard Road is another one of the newest finds in SM Megamall. It is located at the 2nd Level of Building A and B bridgeway so since we visited the newly opened Forever21 recently, there's no way I'll miss trying this one out with Prince.

The ambiance is almost the same as common foodcourts in SG [it reminds me of the Food Republic in Wisma Atria and Suntec actually]. It's not very crowded which is a good thing. Since they didn't have Hokkien Mee in Makansutra [Manila], I don't know where else can I get it aside from The Orchard Road.

Their version of Hokkien Mee is not as good as the ones in SG's Food Republic though. Usually a 'medium' serving is good enough for two so we waited for our first serving before deciding if we'll order another one or not. Their serving is a bit smaller than 'small' and they didn't get the aroma that I remember. The sambal [chili paste] that came with it isn't as good as well. I concluded that it might be because the one in Singapore is served in a soft palm bark [like a light brown leaf] that adds something to it that I can't explain. We shared it anyway therefore we needed to get another dish to fill in. Prince liked the Makansutra [Manila's] Char Kway Teow so we tried The Orchard Road's.

It's weird to see Char Kway Teow without oysters in it. It's not as flavorful as well. Overall, including the glass of Bandung that I had, I was disappointed. The Makansutra at the Manila Ocean Park is way better, worth the time, travel and every peso spent. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment