About Me

My photo
writer/musician/artist ...with a lot of random ideas

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I Miss My Long, Black, Smooth, Straight Hair

I was browsing a couple of photos taken almost a year ago and I saw this:I realized that having a perm is exciting but the excitement and fun doesn't last long. I've been used to having this long, black, smooth and straight hair most of the time and I must say it has been the most low maintenance hair I've ever had. I just use my regular shampoo and conditioner, have it air-dried and I'm good. No mousse, serums, gel, spray or polish necessary.

Then I thought of having a perm last March, for the first time in my entire life. It was the month when I was still having a hangover for the ANTM cycle 13 where I think in all photoshoot, there's at least one petite model sporting a great permed hair. I was so wrong to think that it'll be easy to manage. My hair became dry so I needed to do consistent moisturizing. It looked bushy and it was exactly how the Hermione Granger character's hair in the HP books was described [except hair color]. The following month, I found out that I was pregnant and I can't do any hair treatments until after I give birth [at least I can revert it before Christmas]. I tried not to feel depressed about it but I really miss the low maintenance hair that I once had.

I know there's really a lot of national issues we need to worry of right now [no wonder PNoy is almost skinhead in his SoNA] but let me be selfish and shallow just this once.

No comments:

Post a Comment