About Me

My photo
writer/musician/artist ...with a lot of random ideas

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Second Trimester!

There's going to be another check up tomorrow with the OB-Gyne and she told me that I'll get a flu shot. I know that by now, we'll be able to know the baby's gender but I'm still waiting for the doctor's go signal for me to have the next ultrasound. I'm just really excited!

I was with Prince earlier today looking for shops to buy a nice jacket but we ended up trying out the Orchard Road [I will write another blog entry about the experience] in SM Megamall. He needed to go to work so I just tried to look around at the infant's section of the department store and I found very limited selections so I went to SM North Edsa. I've been thinking that buying a crib is not a really good idea as there's a very small space in our pad first of all. Secondly, I've read in the internet forums that most new parents buy cribs because they thought it's necessary only to find out eventually that the baby won't be using it at all. And so I searched for alternatives and found a very good review of The First Years Close and Secure Sleeper: It's ideal so that baby can sleep next to me and Prince, we wouldn't need to get it to approach the crib everytime the baby needs something and it'll be easier to breastfeed. SM department store is selling it Php1,000 more than Amazon.com though so I think I'll just find a fair seller online.

I also found The First Years set of feeding bottles, automatic breast pump and other things I didn't know the baby would need. I don't know what tie-sides are for. I don't know what type of cotton is good. I realized that the urge to shop needs a wake up call that I was so clueless on what I have to buy! I guess it's just the excitement. Prince and I still have a couple of months to prepare. The most important thing right now is to keep our baby healthy and I can feel by the way I feel those little movements in my tummy that the baby is indeed healthy and just as excited to be born.

No comments:

Post a Comment