About Me

My photo
writer/musician/artist ...with a lot of random ideas

Monday, July 12, 2010

Saturday Night at the Kebab X Meiday!

Last night was a Saturday night I haven't had for quite some time. Prince was waiting in our office building lobby after I ended my shift at 9pm. He was with their guitarist and his girlfriend, with some of my officemates and we're off to Cubao Expo for the Kebab X Meiday event which is about 10minute-walk from my office. We decided to try out the newly opened Kebab X for dinner [weeks ago, there were rumors that they will have the same garlic sauce as Mister Kabab's in West Avenue which is the best so far]. Prince already told me that it's the opening night, for sure it will be jammed but I insisted that I wanted to eat kabab so being the 4-month preggy that I am, he can't complain. :-P

We arrived before 9:30pm and were luckily able to get a table right away. Prince is the usual Mr. Congeniality so we saw a lot of friends, other people we met from other events [including Antonette of Lilystars and surprised to see some guys from the metal scene] and met some more people [such as Lui Cornelio of Darkuscase] roaming around enjoying good music.

It was a really crowded night as expected and we were informed by one of their nice waiters that waiting time is really long on the onset. I was ready to wait. A very busy kitchen can be seen from where our table is at and I understand that we need to be patient. I didn't prepare myself to wait for about two hours though. One of the busiest guy who's multitasking between serving customers and preparing in the kitchen gave us four glasses of iced tea and said, "It's in the house, sorry for the delay". At last, dinner was served and I must say that it's worth the LONG wait!

Both the chicken and beef kebab we're nicely done and I must say that the garlic sauce might not be as thick as the one in Mister Kabab but it sure makes up the competition. I asked what their regular operating hours is but the guy said they don't have a fixed operating hours yet. I guess everyone should just hang on and wait for announcements online. Good thing it's really close to my office, I can go there during lunch break everyday! haha

We finished eating before Pedicab started playing so I guess it was a perfect timing afterall. They have sessionist Japo [Paranoid City] on synths and drummer [I don't know his name] as Raimund and Mike's not around. Itchyworm's, Ciudad's and Us-2 Evil-0's set are equally fun but in my opinion, the best performance for that night came from Taken By Cars.

We left the venue at 2am, five more bands were about to play and Mei Bastes was onstage announcing stuff about RJ Frias who became popular last Meiday event [Febuary] but we ran out of energy. I still need to go to work the following day. Congratulations to another successful Meiday event! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment